Greetings fellow actors! Auditions for our Season 19 production of Cabaret are now open. Please read through ALL of the information below before you sign up for a time. We can’t wait to see you on stage!
Audition Dates: Sunday, March 6th & Monday, March 7th; 6:00pm-9:00pm (vocal/acting), 9:00pm-10:00pm (dance)
Callbacks: Sunday, March 13th; 6:00pm-10:00pm (by invitation)
- Approximately 32 bars of an appropriate musical theatre song that shows your range. Songs from other musicals by John Kander and Fred Ebb or similar writers/styles are encouraged. A pianist will be provided; please bring your sheet music in a binder with your audition cut properly marked. Accompaniment recordings are also allowed and audio equipment will be available. Please know where to start your recording should you choose to use one. A cappella (unaccompanied) auditions are not allowed.
- A short monologue or scene will be provided for you to read/perform in the accent or dialect appropriate to the character you are most interested in. We understand that not all actors will have the tools to perform in an accent successfully; we ask that you give it your best shot and have fun with it!
- Everyone auditioning for any role except solely Fräulein Schneider or Herr Schultz should attend the dance audition on Sunday, March 6th at 9:00pm or Monday, March 7th at 9:00pm.
Other Important Information:
- All roles require some form of physical intimacy or performance of sexuality onstage. The cast will participate in intimacy workshops within the rehearsal process to ensure the mental and physical safety of the actors, but actors auditioning should be comfortable with this type of material.
- We welcome performers of ALL ethnicities, gender identities, abilities/exceptionalities, and body types.
- Understudies and swings will be cast.
Next Steps (Read Carefully!):