This is a contracted & paid position!
An assistant stage manager is the eyes, ears and hands of the Stage Manager in the backstage area during the show and during rehearsals. They are part of the management team of a production and their behavior should reflect this with their commitment, timeliness and professionalism. They help relay cues, information, updates and monitor the actors.
They are responsible to help the SM with any needed clerical help including but not limited to:
- Rehearsal set up and break down each night (setting up furniture, props, taping out the stage, break down of all items and lock up the facility with SM)
- Cleaning up rehearsal/performance areas (sweeping, general cleaning, etc.)
contacting late company members or any other communication needed from the Stage Manager
- Takes over if the Stage Manager is unavailable
- Attends regularly scheduled production meetings (if attainable)
- Available for all tech rehearsals and performances
- Has a general understanding of tech elements (lights, sound, fly lines, props, set management & moving, etc.)
- May be required to take down blocking or be “on book” during rehearsals, if instructed by the stage manager
- Now to August 14th, 2022
Now through August 14, 2022
Read more about this Penguin Project production here.
Please fill out the application below!