The Premiere Playhouse is seeking a Youth Theater Camp Director. If you have a passion and knowledge of directing theatrical productions and love working with children, please consider applying. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, loads of fun and seeking a professional environment.
- The Camp Director is responsible for working with the Music Director and Choreographer to lead, create and implement camp schedules and activities.
- The Camp Director, along with the Music Director and Choreographer is responsible for blocking, casting, choreographing and teaching the show to the campers.
- The Camp Director is responsible for creating a positive and accepting environment in which all camp attendees (students) can learn and practice basic theatre skills. (i.e: auditioning skills, stage presence, direction following, line delivery, dance, vocal music, projection, and acting)
- The Director is responsible for collaborating with the costume, props, scenic and lighting designers to curate the full production.
- The Director must be present everyday of camp, at each production meeting as well as each performance.
- The Director must have previous experience working with children, being a part of theatre and leading groups.
- The Director must delegate amongst counselors, production staff and campers.
- The Director reports to the Education Coordinator.
- The Director must attend the strike.
- June 6th to 18th
- Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
- Performances: June 17th @ 7PM, June 18th @ 2 & 7 PM