Sign up for TPP’s FREE Workshop this SATURDAY!
We at The Premiere Playhouse are thrilled to be offering our community FREE workshops to help actors hone their technique in auditions and callbacks for musical productions! First up is a dance and callback workshop geared toward Cinderella auditions. Check out the details on the workshop and instructors below, then register for the event here by Friday at 12:00pm!
Callback & Dance Workshop
- When: Saturday, Feb. 4th from 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Where: Schulte Room at The Washington Pavilion | 301 S. Main Ave.
- Who: Anyone ages 10 and above interested in auditioning for musical productions, i.e. Cinderella
- What: Learning a segment of the audition dance for Cinderella and practicing various tools that can be applied to your acting callback auditions.
- Why: To help prepare the community for Dance and Callback portions of musical theatre auditions!
- Cost: FREE
- How to Register: Registration opened Friday, January 20th. Register here by Friday, February 3rd at 12:00pm!
- Instructors: Alex Newcomb Weiland, Director of Cinderella and Tiffany Koppes, Choreographer for Cinderella
About the Instructors
Alex Newcomb Weiland, Director
Alex Newcomb Weiland is native to Sioux Falls and is humbled to engage with this artistic community. She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre Performance with a Minor in Dance from the University of South Dakota. Though performance is where she started her career in theatre, she has expanded her work to directing, producing and education, including directing The Premiere Playhouse’s 2021 production of Footloose and coordinating the education program’s inaugural Penguin Project production of Annie Jr. She has a deep passion for the implementation of accessibility, inclusivity and diversity within theatre arts.
Tiffany Koppes, Choreographer
Tiffany Koppes has danced in and choreographed for many musical productions! She most recently choreographed for The Premiere Playhouse’s 2022 production of A Christmas Carol and now embarks on choreographing for TPP’s 2023 production of Cinderella. She has previously choreographed shows such as Jesus Christ Superstar, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Oliver, Once Upon A Mattress, and Newsies. In her role as a choreographer, Tiffany enjoys making dance and choreography accessible to her performers and students so that anyone can enjoy the liberation of movement.