for The Premiere Playhouse’s production of
Auditions: Thursday, July 28th & Friday, July 29th;
6:00pm-9:00pm (vocal/acting), 9:00pm-10:30pm (dance)
Callbacks: Sunday, July 31st; 6:00pm-10:00pm (by invitation)
Location: Schulte Room in the Washington Pavilion | 301 S. Main Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Producer & Casting Director: Oliver Mayes | Directors: Jesse Jensen & Oliver Mayes
Music Director: Matthew Walicke | Choreographer: Rachel Smith
ABOUT YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
The comedy genius, Mel Brooks, adapted his legendarily funny film into a brilliant stage creation – Young Frankenstein! Grandson of the infamous Victor Frankenstein, Frederick Frankenstein (pronounced “Fronk-en-steen”) inherits his family’s estate in Transylvania. With the help of a hunchbacked sidekick, Igor (pronounced “Eye-gore”), and a leggy lab assistant, Inga (pronounced normally), Frederick finds himself in the mad scientist shoes of his ancestors. “It’s alive!” he exclaims as he brings to life a creature to rival his grandfather’s. Eventually, of course, the monster escapes and hilarity continuously abounds.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein (he/him), age range 25-35 | Vocal range: Bb2-G4 Brilliant brain surgeon, professor and grandson of mad scientist Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein.
The Monster (he/him), age range 25-35 | Vocal range: Db2-Bb4
The misunderstood creation of Dr. Frankenstein.
Igor (he/him), age range 25-35 | Vocal range: Bb2-G4
Frederick’s faithful, bright-eyed, eager servant and friend with a hunchback.
Inga (she/her), age range 20-30 | Vocal range: G3-A5
Frederick’s young assistant. Attractive and a resident of Transylvania.
Elizabeth Benning (she/her), age range 25-35 | Vocal range: F#3-F5
Frederick’s boisterous fiancé.
Frau Blücher (she/her), age range 40-60 | Vocal range: E3-C5
Stern housekeeper of the Frankenstein estate and former lover of Victor Frankenstein.
Inspector Hans Kemp (he/him), age range 40-50 | Vocal range: A2-F4
The head of police in Transylvania. Driven by justice, with a wooden arm and leg.
The Hermit (he/him), age range 30-60 | Vocal range: Ab2-F4
A lonely, blind town hermit, hoping for a friend.
Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein (he/him), age range 45-65 | Vocal range: C#2-F4
The infamous Dr. Frankenstein and Frederick’s grandfather.
Ziggy (he/him), age range 18-30 | Vocal range: D3-Eb4
The village idiot.
Ensemble | Various gender identities, age ranges, and vocal ranges
Gravediggers, Villagers, Medical Students, Passengers, Mad Scientists.
- Approximately 32 bars of an appropriate musical comedy song that shows your range. A pianist will be provided; please bring your sheet music in a binder with your audition cut properly marked. Accompaniment recordings are also allowed and audio equipment will be available. Please know where to start your recording should you choose to use one. A cappella (unaccompanied) auditions are not allowed.
- Everyone auditioning for any role should attend the movement call on Thursday, July 27th at 9:00pm or Friday, July 28th at 9:00pm. Those interested in demonstrating their tap dancing skills should be prepared to stay after the initial dance audition to participate in a tap call.
- The pronouns provided describe the gender identity of the character in the story and may not necessarily reflect the gender identity of the actor playing them.
- We welcome performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, abilities/exceptionalities, and body types.
- Understudies and swings will be cast, as possible