The Premiere Playhouse is looking for a Production Manager!
Please read the job description below to see if it fits your unique skillset. We welcome ALL applicants for this great community theatre opportunity!
Position Overview: The Production Manager is responsible for all aspects of the production including supervising, hiring, and working with production personnel to ensure the theatre delivers top quality productions.
Reports To: Executive & Artistic Director
- Must have a broad understanding of all aspects of technical theatre.
- Able to negotiate and act as mediator in artistic and technical discussions.
- Experience creating, monitoring and adhering to budgets.
- Experience overseeing production calendars and schedules.
- Ability to read a script and assess requirements in regards to staffing, budgeting and design.
- Able to lift 40lb, climb ladders, and perform manual labor on an occasional, as-needed basis.
- Possess computer skills and general knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of common industry-specific software and experience reading ground plans, light plots and other theatrical specifications is a plus.
- Possess excellent leadership and communication skills, have the ability to manage shifting and competing priorities, exercise good judgment and discretion, and maintain a positive attitude in stressful environments.
- Develop and supervise production budgets
- In collaboration with directors, develop season schedules for all mainstage and expanded programming. Develop and administer production calendars and design deadlines for each production. Determine load-in and tech schedules for the stage. Schedule all design and production meetings.
- Guide all director/design teams through the design process to guarantee the timely completion of all designs. With the input of appropriate technical staff, analyze all designs submitted to determine feasibility of execution.
- Hire, contract and supervise, in consultation with the board of directors, all production staff and contractors including, but not limited to: designers, technical staff, carpenters, stage managers, production assistants, costume personnel, running crew, and any additional personnel required for specific production needs.
- Facilitate clear communications throughout the production process, and act as a liaison between the Executive and Artistic Director, Production directors, designers, stage managers, board of directors and theatre staff.
- As necessary, support productions with hands-on projects including (but not limited to) special effects, video and projections, assisting with stage work, purchasing, sourcing and researching materials and techniques.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times. Address safety hazards with appropriate personnel promptly.
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of all shop, stage supplies, costumes and theatre equipment.