The Premiere Playhouse (TPP), a professionally staffed, community-based non profit theatre organization in residence at the Orpheum Theater Center of Sioux Falls, South Dakota is hiring a Development Officer. This position is being introduced as part of The Premiere Playhouse’s restructuring under the leadership of newly appointed Managing Artistic Director, Oliver Mayes. TPP’s mission is to create exceptional theatre through education, accessibility, inclusivity, and collaboration to enrich our community. Our values include Fiscal Responsibility, Accessibility and Inclusivity, Community, and Excellence. More available at: https://thepremiereplayhouse.com/.
Position: Development Officer
Status: Part-time Salaried
Position Overview: This position is responsible for coordinating special events, campaigns, fundraisers and for cultivating donors and sponsors in accordance with TPP’s Mission and Values, utilizing person-centered and donor-centered practices. This position also administers the grant writing process.
Reports To: Managing Artistic Director
Direct Reports: Volunteer Base
- Highly competent database, spreadsheet and word processing computer skills.
- Tactful and diplomatic.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Project management and excellent collaborative skills.
- Attention to detail; accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Fundraising strategies and tactics.
- Proven marketing and public/media relations abilities.
- Proven leadership, management, and supervisory skills.
- Donor and Sponsor Cultivation
- Serve as liaison between donors, donor groups, sponsors, and TPP’s Managing Artistic Director.
- Develop community and corporate partnerships supporting the mission of TPP through in kind support, cash support and volunteers.
- Capture and track relationships and communications via CRM platform.
- Work with the Managing Artistic Director to develop and implement donor cultivation strategies and campaigns. Cultivate donors via personal contact, regional campaigns and other fundraising tactics.
- Create and distribute reports for all donor and sponsorship activities.
- Grant Writing
- Strengthen grant writing processes; research new grants, apply for grants, track grant funding.
- Create and distribute reports for all grant activities.
- Event Coordination
- Plan, coordinate and execute fundraising events to further TPP’s mission and goals.
- Write, edit and coordinate special event correspondence.
- Work closely with the marketing department in the creation and implementation of all event and campaign related and internal giving campaign related promotions.
- In cooperation with the Media & Web Developer, create and post all social media content in relation to events and fundraising activities.
- Create and distribute reports for all fundraising activities.
- Volunteer Coordination
- Strengthen the volunteer base through organized volunteer events, both social and work related.
- Maintain a volunteer database and consistent communication with volunteer support.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Work within various environments of theatre productions with moderate exposure to dust, noise, etc. Work in an office setting and various offsite locations. Partial remote work available. Ability to pick up necessary office equipment when needed, some moderately heavy lifting occasionally required. Ability to physically assist individuals with mobility issues. Able to lift 40lb, climb ladders, and perform manual labor on an occasional, as-needed basis. Work with the community in varied environments. Occasional travel within S.E. South Dakota. Extended and unusual hours.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree is required. Three or more years of experience in fundraising, grant writing, and/or community engagement preferred. Candidates with any variation of experience described above will be considered.
Measures of Performance:
- Monthly adherence of fundraising goals.
- Implementation of a minimum of quarterly fundraising events.
- Coordination Effectiveness.
- Accuracy and Timeliness.
- Project Outcomes.
- Ability to act as a leader and team member.
Submit an online application; in addition to this please submit a resume and a cover letter that addresses your relevant experience and interest in this role, as well as your interest in working for TPP. On your online application, it is not necessary to answer the questions listed if a cover letter is provided. Questions regarding this position or the application process can be directed to Managing Artistic Director, Oliver Mayes at [email protected].