The Premiere Playhouse has evolved significantly over the last three years. In 2021, the company rebranded from The Sioux Empire Community Theatre to become The Premiere Playhouse, and our team of full-time and part-time employees has expanded. We have evolved into a professional theatre company that supports our local community and gives opportunities for volunteers onstage, backstage, front of house, and in our scene shop to express their talents and skills in a supportive and inclusive environment.
A full-time position is now available for an Administrative and Marketing Coordinator. If you feel that you tick most of the skill sets listed below, we would love to hear from you!
Contracted Position: Administrative & Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Executive and Artistic Director
Position Summary: The Administrative & Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Executive and Artistic Director and provide administrative support and be responsible for social media marketing.
Education and Experience: Prior experience with administration/communications preferred.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Must be comfortable with IT
- Graphic design experience is preferred but not required
- Proficiency with Google Drive and Google Calendar
- Experience posting to various social media platforms
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines required
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret information quickly and accurately and to implement directives.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Technological competence to use computers, software, and social media
- Ability to effectively work as a member and leader in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Maintain master calendar
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of auditions for each production
- Order and return production materials such as music and scripts, make copies of any production materials as needed
- Reserve photographers
- Secure rehearsal space
- Assist Education Coordinator in the organization of camps/class registration
- Maintain the The Premiere Playhouse offices, purchase office supplies as needed and facilitate/organize meetings as needed
- Maintain Board Member applications
- Prepare Executive Committee Board materials and board meeting materials
- Maintain The Premiere Playhouse Google Drive and Board Orientation Manual
- Create and maintain functional filing systems both digitally and physically as needed
- Assist with the organization of company events and general meetings
- Assist members/customers with questions and concerns, and direct them to the proper channels as needed
- Maintain The Premiere Playhouse general email box
- Assist with marketing production, working closely with Executive and Artistic Director as well as WPMI on digital campaigns including
- email and social media marketing via Mailchimp.
- Prepare advertising materials for productions and for The Premiere Playhouse, such as banners and street signs
- Attend bi-weekly marketing meetings with WPMI to coordinate internal marketing efforts
- Create marketing plans for each production and education initiative
- Collaborate with web/graphic designer on marketing materials and social media and web updates
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Work within various environments of theatre productions with moderate exposure to dust, noise, etc. Work in an office setting daily. Ability to pick up necessary office equipment when needed, some moderately heavy lifting occasionally required. Ability to physically assist individuals with mobility issues.
Measure of Performance:
- Meets goals
- Coordination Effectiveness
- Accuracy and Timeliness
- Project Outcomes
- Consumer Feedback
- Adherence to Mission of The Premiere Playhouse